Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week 3 Assignment RSS Reader: Set up your own bloglines newsreader account. Write a blog post about your experience using it.


                This assignment took some time for me to set up.  I think the Bloglines account I set up will make me more efficient and save time when I surf the Internet.  I really like the idea of one central location where I have access to my favorite websites and current newsfeeds and updates.  At first, I went to my favorite websites and added/copied the RSS feed.  However, I discovered many of my favorite sties were already available in the widgets search within the Bloglines site.  It is a very user friendly site, once you get acclimated to its features and interface.  I know before trying RSS aggregators I wasted so much time typing in an individual website, scrolling through to my favorite section of that site, and then having access.   This all in one place site of newsfeeds really streamlines my internet experience.  This is one of the best parts of Web 2.0 that I have utilized so far.  I will definitely be using my Bloglines account several times a day and it will save me a lot of time.

3 comments:

  1. I also realized the more sites I went to the easier it was to grab the RSS feeds.... I am looking forward to the different types of information that will becoming across....Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we all are realizing the RSS assignment wasn't as hard as we thought.

    ReplyDelete